Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Via Napoli: My Favorite World Showcase Offering


One thing I love about vacationing in Walt Disney World is the various dining options that are offered, especially in World Showcase at Epcot. The restaurants in each country offer truly authentic fare. One of my favorite newer restaurants in World Showcase is the delicious Via Napoli in Italy. I’m a fairly health conscious eater and I typically choose fresh, healthy food; but there’s one type of food where I throw caution to the wind and indulge in something delightfully unhealthy. PIZZA. The cheesy gooeyness is simply irresistible to me. Enter Via Napoli… This authentic Italian restaurant offers pastas, salads, wood fired pizza and various dessert options, including real Italian gelato.


The atmosphere here is great. It’s a very large open space so it doesn’t seem at all cramped. I find it to be a bit quieter than some Disney restaurants and its casual elegance is inviting and provides a nice break from the hustle and bustle of the park. As an extra bonus, the restaurant is staffed by good looking Italian men. Definitely a bonus in my book.
In addition to the eye candy, the food is top notch. During our last trip, we began our meal with the Calamari Fritti, which is corn-crusted calamari with a spicy tomato sauce for $14. The calamari has the perfect amount of breading and isn’t too chewy like some calamari can be. 

As our main course, we chose a large 1/2 Quattro Stagioni and 1/2 Carciofi. The Quattro Stagioni includes eggplant, artichokes, cotto ham, and mushrooms for $30. It’s divided into four sections which each contain one of the previously listed ingredients. My favorite section was the one with artichokes. One thing I really enjoy about this pizza is that the ingredients don’t overlap, so DH can have ham while allowing me to enjoy other meat free parts of the pizza pie. The Carciofi is a white pizza with artichokes, fontina, mozzarella, and wait for it… TRUFFLE OIL. This is by far my favorite pizza on Via Napoli’s menu!


As for the size, I found the large to be more than enough for the three of us as we had several pieces left over. Depending on how big of an eater the people in your party are, it could probably feed four people for lunch.


I would recommend this restaurant to everyone, not just pizza lovers like me. The atmosphere, combined with the authentic Italian offerings and exceptional value make it a must do.

Next time, I would like to try pasta but I don’t know if I can pull myself away from the sweet deliciousness that’s the Carciofi! Via Napoli will continue to be on our dining reservation list for every Walt Disney World vacation that we take!


Reservations for this Walt Disney World restaurant can be made by calling (407) WDW-DINE up to 180 days prior to your visit.


This article is a reprint of an article I wrote for WDWFanZone. Please visit the Zone for additional Disney related articles from many wonderful writers! Please note that I am not affiliated with Disney. All thoughts and opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of The Walt Disney Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment